You Already Have Everything You Need (Even When You’re Telling Yourself Otherwise)
It wasn’t too long ago that I was sitting in front of my computer with a FE Exam review manual opened up to my right.
Only problem…I wasn’t moving.
I wasn’t reading, I wasn’t working practice problems…I was just sitting there…entertaining the laundry list of thoughts that continued to swirl through my head.
- “You don’t have the time to study for this exam like those people…”
- “You don’t have the money to get all the resources you need like those people…”
- “You aren’t as smart as those people…”
- “You don’t have others the support those people have…”
those people…those people…those people…
Instead of focusing on me and getting my mind right, I continued to look outward at all these engineers who were already there…
I continued to tell myself that they had something I didn’t….
Thankfully, I had a wake-up call.
Once I “got out of my own way” and actually rolled up my sleeves and started taking consistent action, I realized something big.
All my made up thoughts about what “successful engineers” had that I didn’t were total B.S.
In other words…all they were were lame excuses.
I am so excited to bring this video to you today because it brings a message that I would have had prior to me beginning my journey.
Check out the video:
After watching this video, I have two things I want you to do.
- What phrases do you say that may unknowingly put a glass ceiling over your head? Would love to hear your personal experience in the comments below.
- Write these”Limiting Beliefs” down in a notepad.
Save these notes, you will be putting them to use during our next lesson where we will go through a workshop that will help you establish where your current limits exist, learn how to challenge them, and fundamentally shift them to a more empowering beliefs.
So until next time we meet.
Justin Dickmeyer, PE